- Braunvieh comes in many shades of brown, with the most common being a mousy brown. They can be lighter or darker and always have a lighter colored ring around their nose. This characteristic enables the Braunvieh to be easily distinguishable when looking at other breeds of cattle.
- The Braunvieh is a very docile, long-bodied, well-muscled animal.
- Braunvieh are known as a balanced breed, possessing body confirmation for optimum physiological performance. The hair is sleek and fine in warm weather and can grow heavy in response to extended cold weather makes Braunvieh adaptable to different environments.
- A breed with good walking ability, strong legs with deep dark hooves, due to generations of natural selection in the Swiss Alps.
- A breed with a calm temperament makes it easy to work with.
- Braunvieh is well adjusted and performs extremely well in a feedlot.
- A fertile breed with a long producing lifespan, cows 12+ years still produces annually.
- The Braunvieh breed has an above average milk production, good udders and teats to ensure calves grow up fast with above average weaned weights.
- Braunvieh put it all together: Maternal, Muscling, Marbling, and Performance.